Drink mistake leads to casino ban
A man from Halifax has been suspended
from Casino Nova Scotia. He reacted rather aggressively after a waitress accidently served him an alcoholic liquor. Emmett Peters (57) drank his last alcoholic drink in his early twenties. He started drinking at the age of 13 after his father passed away.
Casino Nova Scotia
Peters was enjoying a game of poker
and sipping his usual ginger ale. He ordered another one but the waitress accidently served him a beer. Peters was enraged and threw the beer glass on the floor.
“I spontaneously started crying and I felt horrible. It seemed that all my years of sobriety were gone. I was completely devastated and I needed about seven days to recover,” Peters commented.
Casino Nova Scotia has suspended the man for three months. Casino officials declared that the mistaken order will be investigated. The casino will instruct staff and stress that diligence with regard to serving alcoholic drinks is essential.